Monday, December 04, 2017

They Took My Prostate and I'll Tell You How

Me at the hands of the medical establishment. (wallpaper cave)

And while cancer was sliced from me with digital precision, certain vital functions were diminished, leaving me in a grim battle with my own body. Not for the squeamish, this tale of a man, a prostate and destiny has already received kudos from author Janet Farrar Worthington.

Kind enough to read my manuscript, Janet is co-author of Dr. Patrick Walsh's Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer, a great resource if you're smitten with the aforementioned disease. (I loath 'eponymous.')

Having spent considerable time writing about men's health issues, Janet said that I wrote "about the nitty-gritty aspects of recovering from this life-saving but difficult surgery—something few men are willing to do. . . . Reading this might help you get through it, too."

A short essay in ebook form, "They Took My Prostate: Cancer-Loss-Hope" will be available on Amazon December 15.

With annoying regularity, I will be promoting said book over the next two weeks. Tell your friends. Tell the indifferent. This is the can't-miss prostate cancer book of the year.

Update: Or, as Tom Ruegger says, the "feel-good prostate cancer book of the season."

Update: NOW the book is ready for Pre-Order, with copies delivered December 15. In time for Christmas, if you're a Yule sort of person, and not-in-time if you aren't. But December 15th remains the constant. Let's set that to rest.

6 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

I'll say it flat out -- it's the feel-good prostrate cancer book of the holiday season!

JP Mac said...

That's a money quote, sure as my prostate is in a jar in China.

Authors 4 Characters said...

You're braver than I am. I had a lot explained about my breast cancer , and yet I didn't understand most of it, apart from Lump and dent. For the most part, I just concentrated on the "don't have to work" aspect and turned it into a vacation. Not sure I'd want to go into major detail about what all was done. so again, you're a better man than I am, JP Mac!

JP Mac said...

I figure it might be good for a laugh and help some guys out who are
going through the same thing.

But glad you're doing better re. breast cancer.

Authors 4 Characters said...

For sure!! When anyone is going through stuff like that, laughter is great medicine! Guys will love you for it! I will share on my Facebook and Twitter pages!

JP Mac said...

Thanks for the social media help.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...