Friday, December 08, 2017

The Feel-Good Prostate Cancer Book of the Season

Hang the mistletoe, fling the tinsel, unleash the candy canes! 


Yes, nothing says 'holiday cheer' like a good book on prostate cancer. So if you can't stomach another slice of fruit cake, head on over to Amazon and pre-order a copy of They Took My Prostate: Cancer Loss Hope.

MaleProstateHealth.com
Discover what happens when a luckless writer in Los Angeles  realizes his career, money, and health care are evaporating at the same time that he is diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Why prostate cancer? Why Christmas time? Essentially, I didn't want 2017 to pass without publishing something, and the closest work available was my tussle with the Big C.

Janet Farrar Worthington, co-author of the #1 Best Seller Dr. Patrick Walsh's Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer feels ". . . Mac is very funny. I believe his ability to find the absurd and keep his perspective even in the most awkward or discouraging situation is one important reason for his successful recovery."

Jean chuckles at the budget for Freakazoid!

In closing, television executive great Jean MacCurdy has battled cancer in her own family. She graciously agreed to read a review copy and comment on same. When I receive Jean's notes, I'll post here and at the Amazon page.





(Mistletoe Image: gardenvarietynews)

4 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

WOW!!! Congratulations on the great ranking. Truth to tell, I didn't even realize there were that many books on cancer on the market. Go fig 🤷‍♀️
Come to think of it, though, I know there are a fair number on diets relating to : Danger foods, safe foods, stuff like that. Yours, I'm guessing , will be in a small but growing rank of books on the issue that take a more humorous perspective. When someone is at their wits end on this issue, from a hundred different areas (financial, emotional, family related, philosophical/ religious) humor is not only helpful it's also a necessary outlet.

Bravo!

JP Mac said...

I've gotta say, the cover art really makes the book stand out.

You're right. There are plenty of diet books, but I think that makes
mine stand out.

Authors 4 Characters said...

I'm with you! I love the cover. It looks scary and intimidating, while the context is (I'm assuming at this point) somewhat more relaxing. Diet books on cancer are as dull as day old dish water and, as far as the clinical situation; hit or miss since there can be a hundred factors for why people get cancer. The prognosis for full recovery and remission is based on how soon the situation is detected.

I know a woman at work...she doesn't have cancer, but she seems afraid of eating this or that, for fear of it. If I had to do the two year ago jaunt all over again, I'd have written a book called, STRESSED spelled Backwards is DESSERTS So enjoy your dessert! You deserve it!

Speaking of which, I changed my own 'cover' as Fuzzy bunny slippers didn't fit me anymore. I enjoy writing fan-fiction based on Belgian detective Hercule Poirot. That is, when I have a free weekend TO write!

JP Mac said...

I said 'stand out' twice in one post. Sloppy.

Yes, diet books seem quite numerous in the cancer category. I'm sure some people want to feel a measure of control over their lives and assume dieting will stave off tumors. Some cultures do better than others, at least as far
as prostate cancer, but, diet aside, cancer often has its own agenda.

Write as you see fit, under the name that most appeals to you.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...