Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!: Nostalgia Edition

Saturday Evening Post
Over the last 12 years,  I usually post something on, or around, Thanksgiving. So I shall continue doing so proudly, defiantly, without apology.

Thanks this year to being cancer-free on two fronts, having an employed wife, and teetering on the ledge of publishing an ebook detailing my struggles with prostate cancer. Also thankful that my mother-in-law survived open heart surgery. She proves that one is much better off with a working valve than without.

Gratitude is an under appreciated trait, and I strive to incorporate more of it each day. Best wishes to all.

T-Day Round-Up

1. 2016: Two days after Thanksgiving, I discuss the Cheshire moon and a new method of outlining for a fantasy novel I discarded in April. 

2. 2015: The Monday before I explain in some detail why you should review my books. Comes complete with explanatory video that hasn't expired yet. 

3. 2014: Hit the day square as I link to i09's Black Friday gift recommendations. (Looks like a rush cut and paste job.)

dishmaps
4. 2013: Day before featuring a short article I wrote for another publication that folded, explaining how we got football on Thanksgiving. 

5. 2012: Spot on as I invite readers to visit my review of Hitchcock over at Forces of Geek. (I didn't even check, but the review is probably long gone.)

6. 2011: Dead center as I link back to 2005. There are more comments than post. 

7. 2010: Same day posting as I wish everyone well and include a Simpson's image. (Posted 338 times that year.)

quotes
8. 2009: A salute to my friend Bernadette for running a 5k. Also a hat tip to a young man I know who dropped 100 pounds in a year. (This was my high-water year for posting—365 times. That's what unemployment will do.)

9. 2008: Another spot on post, little more than a 'happy' with WB characters as pilgrims. First T-Day in our condo.

10. 2007: Day before, with a mention of running as this was my peak marathon era. A message from dear friend K who passed away in 2012. Bittersweet.

11. 2006: A few days after, as we dined up in the Bay area with in-laws. I was training for the Phoenix Marathon that January and ran at every opportunity.

12: 2005: On the nose as I mention a Turkey Trot completed that day with chums from Team in Training. We were training for the Honolulu Marathon in early December. Two of those chums, Nick and P.J., subsequently married and now have a pair of fine children.




3 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

From the creators of DURE, WHERE'S My Car? ..... Okay, bad joke. Won't finish it!

Congrats on the two years of cancer free living. Ditto. Only now, my job is causing...or is it just being over 50 that's causing knee issues? Nothing drastic, and, truth be told, if I had to do without one or the other, I can do without my breasts. I don't need those for walking, MAN! The things we don't even think about when we're 30! And you're a decent son-in-law for wanting your mother in law around. Most guys would be thinking, "Wonder how much my wife has coming when 'mother' kicks off?"

Will get your book come Christmas time. BUT (technical question) can I transfer the book from my computer to my tablet when I get it ? That won't be til income tax time, a few months from now, but I've found some great deals! With a tablet, I can go on a major book binge and not even break a fifty dollar sweat! I'll be getting Jury Doody as one of my choices. I haven't read that in a bit but I remember it was hilarious!

Hope 2018 is better for you, career wise. In the meantime, for a 'gift' to cheer you, go to Youtube and key in PETER PAN GOES WRONG. If you want to laugh til you cry, that will get you doing both! Stellar ensemble cast !

JP Mac said...

Actually, I do wonder how much the m-in-law is worth, but she's been great to us and I hope she sticks around.

Tough news on the knee. Having a gamey one myself, I know how vexing they can be. Hope you have better days ahead.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer to tablet. I know you can buy an ebook and read on a computer.

I'll give the Peter Pan thing a peek.

Merry Christmas to you!

Authors 4 Characters said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS back!

It seems fine NOW.... likely arthritis. Comes and goes and NEVER when I can take the time off. Thank God for Advil.

OH, that opening line SHOULD have read "DUDE Where's my Car?"

YAAAY! I've had Kindle on my computer but that was on my other computer. I haven't had anything like that on this computer. That I remember. So I'll learn something new when I upload to my Tablet (once I get it).

Peter Pan goes Wrong is theatrical genius! It's just about every disaster a theatrical director would have nightmares about done on purpose!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...