Thursday, October 05, 2017

Blogging History Repeats Itself Again


December deadline approaches.          Image: All HD Wallpaper

Great broiling head chaos.

Let me explain: excellent progress on my Viking detective novel since early September, despite an eventful journey to Seattle. As the story accelerates, I've ridden the changes, chasing the narrative, but guiding the process away from the guardrails so as not to crash into a rewrite canyon, research gulch, or dull character canal. However, time is not my amigo.

I want to publish an ebook by Christmas. (The viking ebook will not be ready.) In 2013, I blogged about a similar publishing dilemma. A few weeks later, I blogged again. Finally, I stopped blogging about this particular conundrum . . . temporarily, you understand.

Four years have passed and I'm blogging about it once more. In order to meet my self-imposed deadline, I must postpone one project and return to the very project I abandoned in 2013. (As a side note, 2013 was the last full year of my life with a prostate.) Now the clock is ticking, the sands are diminishing, the digital read-out approaches zero. I've got around two months to polish a crude manuscript, score some cover art, and launch it on Amazon.

Who needs NaNoWriMo?

Crazy world out there. Mind yourselves and those close to you.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, John, that picture is really horrible! If I were a scuba diver, it would cure me of my madness!

JP Mac said...

It reminds me of the deadline I'm facing in 2 and a half months.

Authors 4 Characters said...

I am very much looking forward to reading about the Viking detective! Hope you are able to finish it!! As has been known to happen, you'll come up with the solution to your writer's block when you least suspect it. Do you have detective novels in the house? If not I think there are some James Patterson novels (audiobooks) Maybe just listening will give you an idea.

JP Mac said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm thinking next year for the viking detective novel.

My wife loves mysteries and many abound here in our abode.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...