Friday, February 17, 2017

Attack on Titan Take and More on Office Madness

"Yummy new office chair."
These subjects have nothing in common, unless creepy giants arrive and eat my furniture.

First, Titan.

Hajime Isayama's popular work on strange, idiot giants devouring most of humanity has caught the interest of Hollywood. Warner Bros. wants a crack at the franchise. According to a January article in Deadline Hollywood:

"The feature would be a remake of the Japanese film that was done in two parts. In 2015, Part 1 ended up as the seventh-highest-grossing locally produced film. Part II did not do as well."

Having watched the 2015 film, I can tell you why I rocked and II didn't: eat-'em-count. In the first movie, people are eaten by the long ton. In the second film, there's a great deal of yelling between characters, but no set-piece Titan eat-'em-ups.

Having never read the mangas, I admit to, perhaps, missing some subtleties. But this is my considered opinion. Tinsel Town take note.

On to my office.

Since my last post on the subject, I've bought a very comfortable chair at a cool used office furniture store near my house. Great desks on sale as well but the rub will be getting one into my office, through the maze of boxes around the front door, down a narrow hallway to the appropriate spot. If the desk needs to be assembled here, it could be tricky. Move the boxes? Splendid! But there's the issue of where to stage them during the process. But these are First World obstacles. I want a new—or used in good shape—desk and will obtain one shortly.

Now back to wasting time instead of writing.

2 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

First off, congrats on the new chair. Hey! It's a start . My desk situation is my home away from home. Or home WITHIN the home and so I want to be comfortable in my creative mess. As you should be. KNOW you want the desk you will get. Get everything set up all neat and tidy and it will muss itself up in its own good time.

I'm not at all familiar with Attack on Titan but that picture looks hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Like Carol Burnett if someone had slipped her a street drug. 🤣

JP Mac said...

Good image re. Carol Burnett.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...