Thursday, November 10, 2016

Happy Birthday, United States Marines!

241 Years Old Today


In 1775, at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia  Captain Sam Nicholas received his orders to recruit men for the Continental Marines, as they were then called.

 Capt. Samuel Nicholas
Now in their third century, the United States Marines continue to serve country and Corps with pride and distinction. (Today I recall one such Devil Dog, my friend Kurt, whose combat wounds led, in time, to his early death.) 

So on this November 10, a big old Semper Fi  to the men and women who wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Accomplish the mission, be true to your unit, come home safe. 



  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S. Marines, from Canada! And Remember to thank a Soldier tomorrow. I might be working on something tomorrow, so THANKS, J.P!

JP Mac said...

Good for you.

Work well and wisely.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...