Friday, August 26, 2016

Fast, Write, Run


Intermittent fast, write short-stores, and chi run, to be specific. This constitutes the bulk of my days. Fast continues into the second month. I overdid it yesterday, because I barely made it to my eight-hour chow block without cheating. Ah, but good old protein did the trick and I'm fine today.



My short story, "Growth," a tale of Hollywood, giant actors, and resentment, was kindly rejected by the venerable Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. On to the next market. Meanwhile, my story of a man involved with a jealous succubus continues to wax and wane in size like the very moon. I like the set-up, but can't seem to locate the ending. More effort, I think.

Today is a running day and I look forward to loping around the perimeter of the Wilson-Harding Golf Course in Griffith Park. On non-running days I used to ride my exercise bike to pump up the cardio. However,  I broke a pedal. Now the bike serves as wardrobe stand.

In a few weeks, I'm away to the Pacific Northwest to visit family and participate in a chi running workshop with the big dog himself, Danny Dreyer. Here's hoping I glean some tips to make me a more relaxed, injury free runner.

A pleasant weekend to you!

2 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

The actor to the left of the legs looks kinda like Bill Murray.

WOW!!! You actually used your exercise bike AS an exercise bike! most of us make promises to that effect and then, broken pedal or not, the poor thing ends up serving as a make-shift hanger. I admit, I was one of the sinners. Then I got rid of the over-sized hanger; giving it to someone who actually WANTED to use it for its original cause.... exercise.

As for the running, sounds like you're on the right track, pardon the pun, getting a trainer. ENJOYING the run is probably the first step in preventing injury, because you're not so stressed and worried about winning.

I'm in the same boat about endings. No worries, it will come to you. No doubt, when you're in the middle of a run and don't have a piece of paper and pen anywhere on your person and don't have time to write it down. But I hear that exercise is as beneficial for the mind as it is for the body, so if you do find your ending, you'll be more likely to remember it when you remember where you were when you came up with it.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great weekend and great family time.

JP Mac said...

You may be right, as story answers often come in the midst
of other activities.

A good weekend to yourself.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...