Friday, November 20, 2015

Blogging Ten Years at Write Enough!


(Image: prweb)

 Writing, Running, Medical Woes, TV Animation and Books

(And lately, quite a bit on H.P. Lovecraft.)

Last Saturday, November 14, marked my decade anniversary. Back then I was training to run my first marathon with Team in Training. To add links, italics, etc. to your posts, you had to enter html code. 
Now I'm a fat blob with more medical conditions that a small hospital and have trouble shagging my big butt anywhere but the refrigerator. But no more html. 

In 2005, I really thought blogs were a fad and didn't want to piss away my work on an electronic screen that no one, beyond my wife and a few friends, would ever read. 

I was mostly right. This blog wandered from place to place, event to event, much like me. Often it went through long periods of neglect, months without even a comment to mark its webly presence.  I've only recently cracked 200k unique views. Regular posters have come and gone while blogs themselves today carry the whiff of a 56k modem. But I'm glad I started. 

Knowing that whatever I write may well be read instantly has made me more conscious of what and how I compose, more aware of what can be left out. In short, it's improved my craft and for that I am grateful.

So happy anniversary Write Enough!

One day, I'll type the last post.

And I'm hoping it has nothing to do with medical woes.

 

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Are you finally gonna buy a diamond ring for your blog??💍

JP Mac said...

I was leaning more toward tin.

Cans, hats, tire jacks, things of that nature.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 10 years! That's a long time, I didn't realise your blog was going that long, it's impressive! I enjoy reading it, even if I don't comment. Here's to 10 more? ;)

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Dexter.

I'm curious myself how long and where it will go.

Authors 4 Characters said...

CONGRATS on the 10 years of scribing! Continue on, minus any medical ills!!

Authors 4 Characters said...

I didn't realize it was that long ago, either. Then again, I've only been ....computer-ized for 8 of that ten years. John's two up on me.

JP Mac said...

Thank you, Gillian.

The medical bills have slowed down for now. I hope they take the holidays off.

Luke said...

Congratulations =) I've been around on here for a good chunk of those years I believe (well, maybe five?) I'm not completely sure actually. You're blog has served well though. You ougtha try running again, maybe you could get one of those self balancing scooters to start.

JP Mac said...

Very true, Luke. You have been around a day or two, and I'm glad you have.

I need one of those self-balancing scooters just to walk right now.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...