Thursday, January 16, 2014

Twelve Days Worth of Writing Exercises

Leah Cutter

 Brian A. Klems offers a dozen prompts to get you writing. Here's a few to prime the pump.

"It’s the perfect time to restart your engine and get back into writing. Here, I offer up a 12-day plan of simple writing exercises to help you keep your creative juices flowing without eating up too much of your time. Follow this plan and in less than half a month, you’ll not only be impressed with what you’ve accomplished, but you may also have something worth publishing.

The 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises

Day 1: Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.

Day 2: Create a character with personality traits of someone you love, but the physical characteristics of someone you don’t care for.

Day 3: Write a setting based on the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen.

 Read the rest at Writer's Digest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi John:

I guess I'm okay. I'm writing. Got one 'plot pot' on slow simmer while the main meal is nearly ready to come out of the oven. The third 'dish' is undecided. Like two favorite veggies but you can only eat one at a time. Rats! Now I don't know whether to write or eat! In any case, something's getting done.

I like 'guideline' number 1 about picking three titles. I've got one decided and the idea for my 'undecided' already has a title page. Eventually, the end of this story for this title page will work itself out. Anyway, I have a story and a half to figure it out.

JP Mac said...

Write on, Gillian!

I liked the first one also. But I've got enough unfinished titles to keep me busy the rest of the year.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...