Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Another Novel Update

crowdflower,com

Work, travel, and other sound excuses have thrown off my schedule. But I'm back at the book this week. I've been attempting to weave the story and may be making things harder. For instance, each chapter is beginning with a flash forward that is filled in later. I might be better off writing everything front to back, then figuring out in subsequent drafts where to drop things in.

This was originally a novella meant to be quickly brushed up then uploaded for sale on Amazon. But the story developed its own wants and needs and will be novel-length whether I approve or not. Alas, the tale is set aboard a small boat afloat on a sea alive with monsters. In many ways, the story is  like a play where all the characters are on stage constantly. They only exit when I off someone.

Right now, I want to off them all and type "The End."

That said, onward.

4 comments:

Joy McCann said...

Never underestimate the value of a small nuclear explosion.

JP Mac said...

I haven't ruled that out.

Unknown said...

I'm discovering that, as soon as characters are fully developed, like newborn babies, they get demanding. It's what THEY want. How much THEY want and your schedule is bird toilet paper. So, just go along with what the story wants and you'll find out who was right, eventually.

In the meantime, bon chance. Or, as the French say, "Good Luck". :D

JP Mac said...

Appreciate that, Kayla. I'll take it.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...