Monday, March 05, 2012

'Knitter's Gift' to Kindle; 'Dagon and Jill' to eBook


So many updates, so much time.

From my written past, The Knitter's Gift has migrated to Kindle. Contained within is my essay, "The Big Sweater," my first non-fiction published piece. (Thanks to editor, Bernadette Murphy.) If you like knitting, and you especially like big knitted sweaters, then this could be your eBook.

Short story "Dagon and Jill" has been accepted into Wildside Press' Megapack Series. This eBook will be released sometime this year.

Also, I've taken all my "Unreasonable Doubt" jury duty posts from last September, polished them to a high gloss, cut out about a thousand words and sent the essay off to a magazine specializing in essays or "creative non-fiction" as it's called nowadays. Hopefully, that story will find a caring home and be allowed to stay up late and watch cable.

Another story, "Death Honk," about how far a man will go for work, has been sent out to a publication that bares no ill-will to reprints.

I've also finished and submitted a brand new short story, "Bummed Out." This would be my first venture outside comedy, horror, both, or bizzare things. I guess you might label it a suspense thriller about brutal teenagers learning their fun isn't always jolly for others—and vice versa.

Idleness? I think not.
Image: Kotaku

4 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

You have ignored idleness to the point where idleness has gotten its feelings hurt by you.

So glad you are in publishing frenzy. So it should be.

JP Mac said...

G.K. Chesterton once wrote that anything that could be written and sold could be sold again.

I wish that also applied to animation.

Luke said...

Yay for John! Lean Mean Publishing Machine.

Perhapx you should write a subject un the category of "Non-creative non-fiction."
The possibilities have end. Who knows, you are great at writing in many other genres, you could strike gold!

JP Mac said...

I'm liking it, Luke.

Many people are skilled in a variety of genres and styles.

But few flat out start their own category.

I must dwell on this.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...