Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One of My Two Favorite Weeks

I love the rump week of Thanksgiving. When I worked in-house, the routine was usually: drink coffee all morning, shoot the breeze, take long lunches, then leave early on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday we'd have a half-day.

My other fav is the week between Christmas and New Years. At Warner Bros. Jean MacCurdy usually gave us the time off with pay.

I notice that my two happiest weeks involved jobs with ritualized social routines but little actual labor.

That could explain much.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I wonder why jobs like that are so rare? I suppose all the people who support them aren't working hard enough to put them out there...... wait.... paradox?

JP Mac said...

A lot of government jobs are like that since they don't have to sweat the profit margin.

They have us.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...