Monday, August 22, 2011

Sprint to the End of Health Care

Not necessarily forever, but I'm nearing the completion of my COBRA-extended Motion Picture health care at September's end. I'm still in physical therapy for my shoulder, undergoing more skin cancer treatments, and have teeth cleaning on the near horizon. While I'm at it, I should probably shoe horn in another physical. Starting in October, I will simply will myself to remain healthy. An underutilized, cost-effective method, force-of-will treatments will be the norm for the foreseeable future.

As for my shoulder, it's perhaps a month away from being fully healed. I can do most things except trick pool shots or scrub above my lumbar vertebrae in the shower. But I'm getting there. And no one really minds that I'm strolling around town with dirty vertebrae. This is Los Angeles where such things often pass without comment.

9 comments:

Luke said...

Dirty vertebrae are often looked down upon here in Alabama. Particularly in the upercrust. I have no problem with it, I have been called a dirty liberal because of it though.

JP Mac said...

Don't let 'em dog ya.

Show some dirty backbone.

Armando said...

I'm not sure of how does it work exactly, but a lot of people end up moving down here, to Yucatan, because of the health benefits. The Daily Show said, it's actually the #1 reason for Americans to move here.

JP Mac said...

Save me a spot, Armando.

Rafa Rivas said...

You bet.
For some reason, Iowans are prety fond of us. Canadians are more fond of our beach houses, ha, ha.

Here is the Daily Show skit
and here are
the Yucatecans talking about it.

JP Mac said...

Thank you, neighbor.

Rafa Rivas said...

Oh, btw, this is how I'm signing from now on (it's just easier, since is the account I use for my blog).

JP Mac said...

Rafas is as welcome as Armando.

Armando / Rafa said...

I'll make sure to tell me ;P

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...