Friday, July 22, 2011

Al Qaeda Cartoons Promise Thoughtful Nuance


(A deep sigh of great length.) I remember seeing something a few years ago about university students in Iran being lectured on aspects of Jewish propaganda in Tom and Jerry shorts. Now Al Qaeda, the world's go-to animation guys, are cranking out their own cartoons at Beard-of-the-Prophet Studios in Yemen.

I can imagine the notes: "Good first draft, Azhar, but the infidels aren't screaming enough when they perish from nerve gas. And could you punch up those lines in the second act when our heroic fighters torch the geriatric hospital? 'Hey, hot stuff' is just so bleh.'"

I'm guessing "imitable behaviour" isn't an issue out there.
h/t: Hot Air
Image: his vorpal sword

3 comments:

Luke said...

Darn it Akbar! When you packed those storyboards, and shipped them to the Philippines, you weren't supposed to put the bomb in THAT package!

By the way, have you seen the Froynlaven entries.

JP Mac said...

Not yet.

Promising?

Luke said...

I think so, go watch for yourself.

Froynlaven.blogspot.com

Keeper's is good as always, Michael's is my favorite entry.
(terrible lack of paralelism I had there)

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...