Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pitching Animated Shows

A strike and a long foul ball. Double-pitch meeting today at a studio with happy, laughing execs. They knocked down one idea in short order, but loved another, wanting to hear a bit more. So I'll get a second swing. Weird to be on that particular lot, since I'd worked there a few years ago during a dark period of life and hadn't been back since. It was the last time I smoked.

So fix my one idea, write up a few more, and return to seek that elusive development deal.

Just to clarify my Ick! post. I reread it and smelled a victimy scent. I'm the only one who can sidetrack me—not mean people, bad breaks, or unfortunate circumstances. Alas, I'm very good at sidetracking myself, thus need little help. But this time will be different!

"The hot dog of fate is often lathered in the mustard of opportunity."
Billy the Marlin, mascot for the Florida Marlins

6 comments:

Bitterman said...

Billy the Marlin went on to say, "AND you have to relish every opportunity that comes your way."

Hope you are the one who knocks your own pitches out of the park. (This baseball metaphor is being stretched to its utmost limit and will be replaced soon by a slew of camping references. In tents!)

JP Mac said...

Make sure you use the present tents.

Oh, there.

You have me doing it.

Luke said...

hopefuls they left you contact information for you, you know, so you can, "touch base."

that camping referencer made me think of a great joke

"A guy goes to his pschiotrist and says ' doc, I can't decide if im a wigwam, or a teapea.'

the doctor replies with 'take it easy man, you're too tense."

say it outloud if you don't get it.

JP Mac said...

Thank you, Luke.

I welcome comedy in its many forms.

Armando Torre said...

Go, John, Go!!

JP Mac said...

Appreciate it, Armando.

Where ya been?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...