Wednesday, May 04, 2011

5 Pitches, 3 Shows, No Waiting

Three original animated series will be pitched to various people at various studios over the next two and a half weeks during the run up to my latest operation May 25th. As health care is running out, I must accelerate the schedule for my annual surgery. This year I feature the rotator cuff, a change of pace from last year's skin cancer and on par with '09s knee operation.

It's been awhile since I've pitched anything animated, but if you wait long enough the executive deck gets reshuffled and you walk in somewhat fresh. But its important not to mention too many operations. Then you remind the execs. of their own mortality and they'll grow sullen and stop their perpetual smiling.

I'm thinking of hiring someone young to impersonate me at meetings. I'll pay for gas and throw in a percentage of every show sold. Let me know in the Comments section. If this works out, we could be on the verge of a plot for a Disney film.

10 comments:

Luke said...

If you'd be willing to pay for gas from Alabama to California, I'll do it. Would I have to shave my head?

Also, forget the surgery, do what my wise english teacher did. For two days, jusy lay on the floor, don't move or get up for anything except to eat and to use the bathroom. He said by the third morning, he was fine, and had prevented a twenty five thousand dollar surgery from happening on his shoulder. Folow suit, see if it helps you,

JP Mac said...

Unfortunately, Luke, you would have to shave your head.

But nothing weird like Kayne West.

I already lie on the floor and don't getup except to eat and use the bathroom.

I believe it's contributed to my failing finances.

This is just a guess.

Shaun McLaughlin said...

I would, but I've seen "The Front" and I know this doesn't end well. Poor Hacky...

JP Mac said...

Danger does indeed exist.

Luke said...

Well, John, it is a proven scientific fact that your financial well-being is in direct relation to your rotator cuff, quite intriguing actually.

If I shaved my head, grew out my mustache and got round glasses and a hawaian shirt I could look almost nothing like you! :).

JP Mac said...

Precisely the point.

When can you start?

Tom Ruegger said...

For my recent pitches, I was portrayed by a 300 pound Samoan woman with limited grasp of the English language. While I did not score a sale at any network, my impersonator was offered the position of director of development at Nickelodeon. She declined the offer and proceeded to shout Samoan epithets as she ransacked the pencil supply cabinet. Once she left Nick, she slaughtered a pig at the parking lot of the local Fuddruckers, then returned to her island home.

JP Mac said...

Very nice, Tom.

It takes courage to turn down an industry job.

Luke said...

As soon as I graduate from college in about.... eight years.

JP Mac said...

Good. I'm marking you down as in.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...