Thursday, April 07, 2011

Prose and Pitch Update

Turned in three concepts to my agent for 3 brand new animated series. She'll set up meetings and I'll go in with a pleasant smile, a load of confidence and various executive buzzwords refashioned to sound as if they were my very own ideas.

By April's end I need to turn in a book proposal - three chapters and an outline for a Young Adult novel. (Different than the weighty tome I've been blogging about for two years.) The YA chapters/outline mixes elements of dark urban fantasy with H.P. Lovecraft. We shall see what the market says.

Is everyone happy and filled with various jellies? Let me know.

10 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

Very excited at your upcoming pitched battles.

I like a nice danish in the morning...lemon is good, cherry too. Not wild about raspberry.

Do those count as jellies?

JP Mac said...

Jelly filling counts as full jelly.

I'm happy for you.

Nathan Ruegger said...

Fantastic! Way to go!

Keep in mind that there was a bidding war over "House M.D." even before the script was written just based on the logline: "It's like CSI in a hospital, where the germs are the bad guys!" Hope you find the right buzzwords :)

Oh, and Cthulhu was on South Park, so H.P. Lovecraft is totally mainstream nowadays :)

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Nate.

Logline writing is an art I never quite mastered. I always compare my shows to a cross between I, Claudius and Joey.

That could explain slow sales.-:)

takineko said...

I hope something sticks and you get to have fun with it for some time to come!

JP Mac said...

Takineko,

That would be a welcome change from the last decade.

Luke said...

I'm partial to jams as opposed to jellies myself.

Good luck with the pitches! Here's hopes for great design! Grwat writing! Great animation and great entertainment!

As for a logline.

Two frustrated comedy writers join with a retired traveling show director, whose past with a competing show’s owner challenges them with obstacles, intrigue, and revenge, as they try to play it all for laughs.

JP Mac said...

Your logline has a familiar ring, Luke.

Luke said...

Is that a good thing?

JP Mac said...

Let's say it's a non-judgemental observation.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...