Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Writing News

"Death Honk" remains front page at the Journal of Microliterature. Stop by and give it your finest read.

Also, "Fresh Ideas" clings to the #2 Top Story spot at Every Day Fiction. If deemed appropriate, more nice votes would help stave off the latest stories seeking to topple me from my second place perch.

The novel has been temporarily benched as I crank out a short story for an anthology with a due date of Aug. 31. In addition, I may begin working on a Young Adult novel involving a teenage protagonist and a creepy menace only he can see and no one else wants to acknowledge. Much will depend on how much interest exists for such a work in the Young Adult publishing world.

Today! New tires! Why didn't I lead with this? Ohhh, nuts. Brand new tires for meeeee!!

5 comments:

Maz Zolp said...

" I may begin working on a Young Adult novel involving a teenage protagonist and a creepy menace only he can see and no one else wants to acknowledge."

Could it be the young adult novelization of Nightmare at 20,000 Feet? The story needs to be updated for the times anyway. You know. For the kids.

"Dude! There's totally something on the wing! You have to believe me! I'm for reals, dog!"

Also, new tires! New tires! That's awesome! Yes! Congratulations! [tears up]

JP Mac said...

I wept openly and was asked to pay up and leave the tire facility

takineko said...

Could you spare some tires for my husband? He keeps beating up his car.

Luke said...

That young adult novel sounds interesting. Like a great metaphor for the metaphor "elephant in The Room" if that makes sense. Even if it doesn't, it remains.

JP Mac said...

All mine are accounted for.

However, I"m sure there's a federal tire program that will be glad to assist you in several years time.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...