Monday, August 23, 2010

Author Reading on a Hot Afternoon

Yesterday afternoon, my friend Bernadette organized a reading in a private home. About eight authors presented an eclectic mix of poetry and prose. My wife read a short story she's intending to send out. And, despite a five-minute time limit, I got a good response from "Dagon and Jill." (At least the portion I could read in five minutes.) Hot as the surface of Mercury outside, but the air conditioning worked and there were numerous fresh-baked goodies. We stole several small, easily pawnable items from our host but we're caught and asked to return them. This marred the event somewhat, but will make a nice story for the next one.

7 comments:

Nathan Ruegger said...

If "Dagon and Jill" has any connections with H.P. Lovecraft's Dagon, then consider me a fan!

Luke said...

Tisk tisk
Pawnable items, that could mean ANYTHIMG in Alabama. We put some roof vents out by the road one day, they're at the pawn shop a week later

takineko said...

Aww, no video?

JP Mac said...

Next time, I'll try roof vents.

JP Mac said...

No, takineko.

Though I am wearing your friend's favorite shirt.

JP Mac said...

Nate,

Yes, it is a cross between a children's textbook and HP Lovecraft.

So few exist; and so few of those have a pop-up section.

Tom Ruegger said...

Those are runner's legs

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...