Thursday, July 01, 2010

My Own Private Badwater

Jimmy Freeman prepares to run the real thing July 12 to 14 - 135 miles from the floor of Death Valley to Mount Whitney across terrain the temperature and contour of the planet Mercury.

Meanwhile I will be running a 5k in Santa Clarita. All things are relative and this is a big deal for a guy who wasn't supposed to run anymore. I'm still trying to master this Chi running stuff and have advanced to the point where I can pass people tying their shoes or eating a snack. My Sunday goal is a fun run without injury, plus a technical tee-shirt in my goodie bag. I think free Smoothies afterward, but that may be wishful thinking.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...