Sunday, June 06, 2010

D-Day Kudos

Sixty-six years ago they went ashore on beaches called Gold, Sword (British), Juno (Canadians), Utah and Omaha (Americans). Thanks to the men who invaded Normandy and ended Nazi rule of France, ensuring the world's supply of depressing literature would continue on into a new century. Freedom must include poor usage or it isn't really freedom. Observe college students. Anyway, the Allies rocked big time that far-off day. Their memory lives on.

stage
BTW: An interesting footnote I probably learned from the History Channel, ie. numerous 16 mm reels of great D-Day battle footage lie at the bottom of the English Channel. A U.S. Army cameraman reported his film, and that of other combat cameramen, were collected by a colonel who stuffed the canisters in a duffel bag, then accidentally dropped the bag into the sea. I feel something similar happens to most of my tax dollars.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...