Monday, May 17, 2010

Sore Knee and Novel Progress

Walking too fast on too hard a surface. Plenty 'o ice the last few days. Plus I've been cutting down on my Internet time. Excessive on-line use makes it difficult for me to concentrate on things like reading and writing. Fast instant gratification erodes discipline, especially since they've added video to my favorite hot coed sites. My novel has not progressed beyond more 3x5 cards. (I now remember setting Halloween as a first draft completion deadline. My, how time passes when you procrastinate.) Sent the first 70 pages out as a novelette to an English publication. The editor's reaction was similar to his American counterparts: "Where's the rest of it?" In my head, alas. However, I do have enough material to try and get a literary agent. Plus, there's already interest from a small publisher who'd like to see the finished product. (The publisher's business model is small. He may be small personally, but I have no information on that. Nor would his stature effect any of my monetary decisions unless he did creepy things with his height, like hide in baskets then jump out and hit people with a TV tray.) Rare paying work has inserted itself into my schedule. I need to attend to that at once before the novelty evaporates.

3 comments:

Joy McCann said...

What hot coed sites?

Unknown said...

Is there a way to break the novel down into smaller, less daunting parts? Sometimes just knowing that I only have to get the project to stage "X" by the end of the week makes it easier to actually do.

Hang in there, and watch out for the small publishers with TV trays.

JP Mac said...

Carolyn,
I have a rough idea of where the story is going and a pretty good idea of my ending.

I need the drive to begin again. I think once I'm in it, I'll be fine.

Unless I get a TV tray across the back.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...