Monday, March 29, 2010

Post 1K!

My 1,000th Write Enough post. Never has so little been said about so much outside of politicians spinning a scandal. Nevertheless, I press on into a new millennium of posts about not working, not running, and not doing much else. (Lately.)

My novelette was rejected, but I've sent it out again to an English publication. They weren't interested in electronic posts, but felt printing out the story on A4 paper, 12 point, Times New Roman and mailing it off old-school style separated the serious writer from the dilettante. Mighty expensive, shipping a 54-page story off to the UK. But at least I've proved I'm not a dilettante.

2 comments:

k said...

CONGRATS! 1000 posts is a very fine thing.

Me, I get fewer posts out because I talk too much. SOME bloggers put out a lot of those little two-word posts, quips and such, thereby running up their statistics. I used to get "extra" posts only by publishing pictures, because I truly never figured out how to put multiple pix in one post.

BUT! I've put together a fine ploy! OK, listen up! I let myself ramble on to my greedy heart's content, just as before - but then I break it up into segments. HA! Serial-style. More bang for your buck. Like using really wide margins when you got paid by the line, back in the day.

Plus, I try to cut it off right where the readers are starting to get really bored. That's more polite, IMO. They can go off and do something else for a while, and then come back and read Part 7, and leave another comment to cheer me up.

Not to mention, I love that old-time stuff too. I still double-space after periods and colons, even though the software always eats the second space. Love semi-colons. Send mangoes around by snail mail. (Well, in all honesty, you can't do that electronically anyway.) Put the period INSIDE the end parens if it's after an entire sentence. Stuff like that makes me happy.

Those people in the UK sound nice, so I'm glad you snail mailed your manuscript to people who really appreciate it. And I do feel, rather strongly, that it's important to have your Not A Dilettante (NAD) status confirmed by respected professionals.

So GOOD ON YA, son!

JP Mac said...

A little "drip posting," eh?

Of course, you were knocked out for long periods over the last two years, so anything on your page was appreciated.

BTW, sent you a copy of my published story. Hope that arrived.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...