Monday, February 22, 2010

Back in the Water

Kickboarding so as not to fray my tendon; hadn't done any water exercises since August. I was quickly tired out, able to do half of an old workout. Then I used the health club sauna and steam room to loosen up - hopefully - my right shoulder. If I can get up early, I'll head back to the gym and heat up the right pecs and lats prior to my physical therapy. (Then maybe it won't hurt so stinking much.) Started working on another short story. This tale pits politically correct educator/scolds against the Great Old Ones. It's a continuation of a style I tried in another short story, "Dagon and Jill." I'm calling the style, PC Lovecraft. The new story is "The Dunwich Diversity Seminar." If nothing else, I'm having a pleasant time and, I hope, you are as well.

5 comments:

Keeper said...

OK, now you've got me wondering what a cross between H.P. Lovecraft and P.G. Wodehouse would be like.

"I say, Jeeves, this Cthulhu fellow is a bit in need of a shave, wot?"

JP Mac said...

On a side note, I've often wondered if John Cougar Mellencamp is the avatar of John Phillip Sousa.

Let James Cameron tackle that.

Armando Torre said...

You guys will have a blast of this (if you didn't already):

In the League of Extraordinaire Gentlemen: Black Dossier there is a short story in which Alan Moore does an amazing and hilarious job having Wooster and Jeeves witnessing an invocation of the great old ones by a possessed aunt Dahlia her gardener (who brought some weird plant from America) and cousin Gussie.

JP Mac said...

It's not dull.

Armando Torre said...

What's not dull? (is that a slang I don't get?)

I actually got introduced to the wold of Wodehouse recently thanks to that story. I didn't care much for the rest of Black Dossier (I liked the other LoEG volumes way better), but I really enjoyed that segment. Blackadder and Baldrick also make cameos in that book, btw.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...