Thursday, October 29, 2009

Running, Walking and the Astounding Bob Petrella

Friend Emil continues to run like a man afire, having completed more marathons in four months than I did in four years. This Sunday he'll be dashing off from Staten Island with 40K other runners in the New York City Marathon. I'm sure he'll overcome sundry running dings to finish strong.

I now walk a mile 3x a week, on an all-weather track or grass. So far no pain. I do more warming up and stretching out than actually movement. It's like a barbecue where you have a plate with Cold Slaw, chips, and a hamburger bun covered in ketsup, but no meat. Not for awhile.

From Nightline to a soon-to-be-filmed 60 Minutes, Bob Petrella's amazing memory continues to attract media interest. I'm off to see Bob for lunch today to learn more about my past.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I hope you asked him where the title is for my 97 Chevy wagon.
I also hope you had a pleasant lunch-regardless of whether I have to instigate what's sure to be a dismal correspondence with the Lost Title office.

JP Mac said...

Sorry you must deal with the Lost Title office.

They could be a new series on ABC.

Kate said...

The 'service' promoting pilot would include this segment: I am encouraged by the clerk down at the new and improved ACORN managed revenue office to "think of others, for a change...just donate the darned thing to somebody who doesn't have a car. After all, I've lived in unspeakable luxury by owing this Chev station wagon all these years. Time to share what I have with others."

Pesky title problem solved. I'll just take the Metro from now on and finally experience true peace of mind...

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...