Friday, July 17, 2009

Visiting Mr. Potter


Off to see Harry Potter this afternoon. I always thought a good story would involve Ron, Hermione, and Old Man Potter from It's a Wonderful Life. ("Say, that Hogwarts place would make a fine subdivision. Might have to poison those weird animals; drag their bodies into the lake. No one has to know. How 'bout it, kids?") Instead of a positive leader and friend, Old Man Potter would serve as a daily moral test. Wearing his Hogwarts uniform, riding around in a wheelchair - placing a broom under the wheelchair so he could cheat at Quidditch - Old Man Potter might prove more than a match for Voldemort and a thorny pest for Dumbledore. ("We could sell that sorting hat to a carnival; make a lot of dough. You only use it once a year. Keep it?!! Why that's a load of sentimental hogwash.")

Watch for Old Man Potter and the Magic Slum, coming soon somewhere.

3 comments:

Keeper said...

OK, now I'm imagining the Harry Potter story being done by the cast of MASH. General Potter & The Half-Blood Prince?

Oh... turns out I'm not the only one:
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/30500/MASH-Harry-Potter-30671.jpg

Or Harry Potter as a teacher in a class of misfits? Welcome Back, Potter?

takineko said...

I would actually watch the movies if that was how they were. Sort of like Grumpy Old Men, but with magic!

SquirrelyWrath said...

Harry Potter is......in Compton. Don't make me bust a spell in yo ^%$.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...