Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

At the grocery store yesterday there was a card rack near the check-out counter. Most of the cards were addressed to "My Darling Wife," somehow implying that men are more likely to make such purchases at the last moment.

I bought a card for my wife.

Then I sued the store for gender discrimination and creating an uncomfortable atmosphere through implications of tardiness.

Legally, I will break the store like a pot, tear down the building and sell the land to a government agency that wants to reintroduce grizzly bears to Southern California.

(There's millions for that in the stimulus package.)

Plus, next month is St. Patrick's Day.

Then Easter.

Then Flag Day . . . .

4 comments:

takineko said...

"Billions? For Mice!?"

Yes, I saw a man selling bags of large teady bears on the side of the road for all the tardy fellas today. There was a sign that said something about "blue tooth accessable". Those sound like some high tech bears for one guy to be selling out of his truck. Of course, the signs may have been unrelated.

JP Mac said...

I saw an illegal selling oranges on the freeway onramp. His oranges were also blue tooth accessible.

Happy V. Day to you and the hub.

takineko said...

Haha, thank you. For our anniversary we took a nap, and went to see Underworld 3. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Flag Day is poorly promoted. Needs a PR firm. One of the major underrated holidays.

My wife and I made a vow that there would be no Valentines Day exchange this year.

So I wake up on Valentines Day morning and she has bought me three Valentines Day cards.

So, feeling guilty, I go out and get her flowers.

No matter your best intentions, no matter your careful preparations, this holiday continues to be a deadly trap.

Proceed with caution.

And good luck with your legal actions.

Tom R

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...