Thursday, February 19, 2009

Running and Coyotes

Fie upon these fallow knees! I went out and ran for 45 minutes today over at Griffith Park. Staying on soft dirt trails, I would run for a minute and walk for two. A few twinges here and there, but overall the knees felt fine. Tomorrow will tell. I'll probably ice tonight just to be safe.

Finishing my run around dusk, I saw a coyote amble across the road past my jeep - just taking his sweet old time, big bushy tail dragging behind. He joined another coyote and they, in turn, hooked up with a third. Their needle snouts pointed in the direction of the Merry-Go-Round parking lot and I wondered if some poor woman was walking her dog up there.

I think the park has too many coyotes. Perhaps one day a famous person will announce on TV that he's eaten a coyote and that it tasted real good. (Maybe not like chicken but more like turkey loaf.) Then people will sneak into Griffith Park and pot coyotes for supper. I'll bet hats with bushy tails become popular with the ladies. Let's hope for this, or the introduction of a colossal coyote-eating bird, because there are a lot of tasty coyotes going to waste with tummies full of pets.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...