Monday, September 08, 2008

No Running for Now

Either a bone bruise or a stress fracture on the left knee, according to the learned Dr. Smith. Now begins a tussle with my HMO to obtain an MRI. Visit a doctor, have him recommend the treatment, pray a health accountant Okays everything, get an appointment, then get an MRI so I may learn whether it's a bone bruise or a stress fracture.

Meanwhile, no running; light walking.

A contributing factor may have been my running gait: landing on the heel, feet too far forward.

From past experience, the greatest challenge now facing me will be to avoid putting on 20 pounds.

4 comments:

ilovesteaks said...

oh no! I hope it's nothing serious. I am hoping to stay injury free and run a sub 4 sometime next year.

JP Mac said...

Good for you, Steaks.

Given at least six weeks off, I'll be lucky to finish the Pasadena Half Marathon in mid-November.

But you just have to ride that injury tiger.

Kiley said...

One of the more motivating guys to have around you while injured in Aqua Coach Pete. A few years back he went through the mill w/ a hamstring injury, but came out smetlling like roses. Time to dust off those water wings

Sorry to hear of your setback.

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Kiley.

Pete and I will be chatting today.

Looks like I'll be a member of Trout in Training.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...