Sunday, August 24, 2008

Practice Three Plus Me

A child's run yesterday for the Winter Team — 3.1 miles. Coach Alfredo and I again were assigned pace assessments. Four new members were sent on their way, walking and running around the Rose Bowl. Meanwhile, the fall team held a half-marathon for the rest of Greater L.A. Team in Training plus alumni. Big honking turn-out! Raul, FJ, Coach Katie, Sean and numerous other running chums sped by as I searched for our new guys amid the press of Rose Bowl exercise traffic. All were found and received official times plus a valuable TNT water bottle.

My own step-back week began today with 12 miles. I ran a Pasadena Pacer six-mile, out-and-back course. Begin at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center, run up Salvia Canon to Linda Vista then up some more into the Flintridge Hills. Continue along rolling streets to Fairlawn Ave. (across from Desconso Gardens), then back. The course resembles the letter "M" with a steep uphill, down, up, down. Finished a bit ahead of schedule, drenched in sweat. Stretched out under California Oaks, humming with yellow jackets.

Now I'll ice something or the other.

2 comments:

ilovesteaks said...

If Disneyland weren't so close, I would have been there! Speaking of which, are you running Disneyland this year?

JP Mac said...

Not this year.

The park is afraid that I'll attract excessive heat.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...