Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hot 15 Mile Run

Woke up late. When the temperature ascends into the high 80s, best not mix oversleeping with distance running. Nevertheless, I did and completed my 15.1 in cauldron-like temperatures. Alas, my water supply ended before the run. After finishing, I rushed toward the nearest fountain like a dog left in the car all summer. (A hardy, alive dog, that is.)

Today I improved slightly on pace - 9:44. That includes hills and stopping to pant in the shade. I'm aiming to shave off an additional nine seconds on the long runs plus lower tempo run times from 8:07 to below eight.

But not if I keep getting up late in August.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...