Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Training in the Heat


An accurate description of yesterday's late afternoon run at a balmy 95 degrees. I took it easy and neither quit nor forced my training schedule into unfavorable conditions. A maturing runner's approach, if I do say so.

With multiple writing projects, I've been devoting small amounts of time to each over the last few weeks. I've noticed a tipping point. After a certain period, the subconscious has digested the material and suddenly answers pour forth. It doesn't write itself, but the road opens before you. Like much in life, the key seems to be consistency.

Powerful in small amounts, like compound interest or laxatives.

1 comment:

k said...

This is good to hear.

Of course, I especially like the point about compound interest. ;-)

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...