Saturday, April 26, 2008

Captain of the 10K

Today I was placed in charge of coaching 10K runners as SGV TNT held its annual half-marathon and 10K. Teams from all over LA, including the San Fernando Valley and South Bay, turned up as well as alumni. It was also a race against autism as that particular affliction was holding a huge rally/walk-around-the-Rose Bowl. The goal was to have our runners off the course before the walk began. This was done successfully, despite rising temperatures, thanks to good planning by staff members other than me.

I am really excited about my marathon. This time next week I hope to have my feet up on the bed as I sip water and watch bad movies in the hotel while outside the temperature hovers around 50 degrees — and stays that way for the next day.

I still have to move, but right now I'm thinking Eugene.

4 comments:

ilovesteaks said...

hey, were you anywhere near the La Jolla Half Marathon? The heat was pretty brutal yesterday. My non-running friends are starting to blame me for the hot weather! They claim that every time I run a race, the weather gets freakishly warm. Anyways good luck to you in Eugene! I will try and conjure up some good weather for you guys! =)

k said...

It's good to see you excited about a marathon again.

And good to have something to distract you from the horrors of moving.

JP Mac said...

Steaks,

So far, Eugene is looking partialy cloudy and in the 60s.

Let's "happy thought" that into concrete.

John

JP Mac said...

K,

Moving, as you know so well, is it's own career.

Curse that new infection.

Hope you are feeling better.

John

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...