Saturday, May 12, 2007

Up From Down

Since my previous post I 've been depressed. I stuffed myself and gained seven pounds. But enough mopery. If I can't run, I can at least lose weight, thus easing trauma on joints when I do return to the the roads and trails.

My friend K sent fine, health-inducing mangos. They serve to remind me that food need not be fried, salted, or popped to be good. I'm 219 today. Dipping under 200 by October is not out of the question.

As long as I burn more than I take in.

And given my history with money, that shouldn't be difficult.

2 comments:

k said...

Those mangoes are absolutely intoxicating. And to have something that tasty be so extremely good for you is way cool.

219 ain't bad at all. Getting into the new eating routine after an injury and the depression that almost invariably follows is really a challenge. At least for me, and for a lot of guys I've known.

It sounds like you're addressing it. That's 50% of the battle, right there.

And since the mango tree has decided to fruit TWICE this year? Should you find yourself in need of another box, just say the word. They should be going well into July.

k said...

Well. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit I like popcorn too.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...