Friday, July 14, 2006

Booked Up


Writing up a blizzard. Had to finish a script for my paying gig. Then got notes back from my agent on a Young Adult book outline. She wanted younger protagonists, some peripheral roles expanded, and a set piece scene dropped. Other than that, she loved everything about it. I said I'd take a look at the story with these notes in mind.

I didn't. Stories aren't like Lego toys. You can't snap in a new piece without disrupting the whole. I may need to find another way to market this outline.

Running proceeds slowly. My right leg and ankle are gradually strengthening. No distances longer than three miles. Come August, I'll add a 4 and 5 mile loop. For now, I'm content to inch along.

2 comments:

k said...

Thank you. Some people just would cave on stuff like that. There's a difference between a sort of collaborating growth, and compromising the story's integrity.

Of course, you know FAR more about that than I ever will!

I see you're sticking to the Not Overdoing approach too. I'm proud of you. That's a lesson I'm still working on, way way slowly...

JP Mac said...

I almost caved. I really need the money.

But there's no guarantee these changes would bring anything other than additional changes.

Thanks for your support.

And may your bisquits and flowers rise in the right places.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...