Thursday, May 25, 2006

Writing, Running, Relationship Notes


Big deadline pressures this week. Expanding a short story I wrote last year to a short novel; maybe 12 chapters; just doing the outline now. Also traveling back and forth to Hollywood for meetings on two different projects at the Jim Hensen Studios. (The Muppet people.)

I have an odd feeling that after so many near-misses this year, one of these projects will pay off big.

A hearty "well-done" to my TNT Teammates. This Saturday marks their final Team training run. Next week they'll tackle the San Diego Marathon.

Still waiting for my leg to stop shedding. If nothing else, this latest injury is teaching me super-sized doses of patience.

And finally, my wife and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary yesterday. My advice to newly weds: learn how to fight. A critical, often overlooked, skill. Proper fighting technique insures that troublesome issues are addressed and most often resolved.

Back soon.

6 comments:

k said...

YES. And I like the emphasis on *PROPER.* When it's not, those issues actually DON'T get resolved, just more hurtful damage done.

Those Muppets are nice. I like 'em. Don't like that mouse. Not likeable.

k said...

UM...I forgot the congrats part.

JP Mac said...

Thank you.

Speaking of fighting, we'll celebrate this weekend by watching the Ultimate Fighting match on Pay-Per-View.

Maybe we can pick up a few pointers for the marriage.

k said...

Or yell some Monday morning quarterbacking comments at 'em. Takes less energy than learning new moves.

You know, I never thought of this before: our anniversary is around Presidents' Day, yours is around...Memorial Day.

But OURs got divorced and yours did not.

If I keep thinking hard enough I'm sure I can find some obscure message in there.

JP Mac said...

Remember what Freud said:

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

k said...

Yeah. More often than not, too.

I like that: it means I can amuse myself looking for non-existant hidden meanings in safety.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...