Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Entertaining Thoughts


Last night my wife and I watched the A&E version of Flight 93. Pretty good for TV. This version took the time to intro key passengers such as Todd Beamer, Mark Bingham and Thomas E. Burnett Jr. In contrast, the film reduces passengers and crew to strangers. I found myself more tightly drawn to those characters as they plan and counterattack having only their actions to judge them on. And while I thought the film did a better job of tension, I salute both efforts. If anyone should be honored, it is the passengers and crew of Flight 93.

On a lighter note, this weekend I watched an old Bob Hope comedy, "The Princess and the Pirate." Made in 1944, this movie swung for the fence every moment. Fast-paced with lots of action, in-jokes and Hope wise-cracking to the audience throughout. You could watch it with kids and still have a good time. I was envious. It looked like a lot of fun to make.

My agent is keen to pitch a short horror story of mine as a graphic novel. I would be delighted to write such a thing. I'm waiting for a book synopsis template so I know just how much to write. (Enough to entice an advance, but no more.)

Speaking of which, back to work.

1 comment:

k said...

Is the cast off yet?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...