Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting Around with a Leg Cast

Brother, can you spare a ride? Still can't drive. There are only a few friends who live close enough to pick me up and don't work during the day. I must ask for rides with care so as not to burn anyone out. The Dutchman, an old roommate, is a TV camera operator with a late afternoon call time. He's gotten me to the doctor twice and the bank once.

I'd really like a haircut. But I don't want to burn a car trip for one.

This feels similar to house arrest.

9 comments:

k said...

Is The Dutchman, by any chance, who I think it is?

JP Mac said...

Dave?

Yes, indeed.

k said...

The one who married the Australian lady?

JP Mac said...

Married and divorced.

k said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, they seemed to start off well together.

Tell him HI for me, OK?

k said...

OH! and I'd never expect him to remember this, but waaaaaay back when, he said he'd be happy to see some of my pix. Naturally I immediately crawled under a rock.

Now as least I've come as far as putting my pix on my blog. Including the blurries etc. I would have *DIED* if anyone saw, back when I was younger.

Over time, those old photos I wanted you both to see are going on that blog, too. Got 'em all on CD already. Hundreds. no - a couple thousand.

JP Mac said...

The Dutchman was doing the same thing for awhile. He had a website loaded with his stuff.

But his life is so hectic, I don't know if he kept up with that.

But do post yours.

k said...

Thanks! I'm getting there. Like a snail. But still, moving forward for sure.

Feels good.

k said...

PS Do you know Dave's website address? Even if it's not current any more I'd love to see it.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...