Saturday, February 11, 2006

On Being Injured

Being injured makes me angry. Watching teammates run while I guard their sweatshirts hurts more than my damaged tendon.

I went to the chiropracter this week. I would've been better off handing the money to one of my coaches. All I got was R.I.C.E advice: Rest, ice, compress, and elevate.

On Monday, I meet with a swimming coach. I need to brush up on basic strokes. Swimming laps and aqua running will be my primary exercises while I mend.

If it were possible, I would trade that big, fat Pacific Shoreline finishers medal for a leisurely four-mile run.

But such is the way of things.

Better now than in May.

1 comment:

k said...

Can you post a pic of that medal?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...