Monday, January 02, 2006

Last Practice TNT '05

Flickering lights, heavy wind gusts, mist and rain. Our first big winter storm. Two days are about enough for rain. By day three overfamiliarity sets in. The Rose Parade takes place nearby. I wish all marching bands and equestrian units the best in this soup.

Last practice on Saturday with Team in Training, San Gabriel Valley, Winter 2005. The coaches wore paper "Happy New Year" hats and sounded horns and party favors as Team members returned from their runs. They also served Martinelli's apple cider which looks very much like champagne. I ran four miles, my longest distance since the marathon. Felt good running for the first time in awhile.

Looking forward to the Orange County Marathon . Several of the Honolulu team will be there. Two of us are running the half marathon and the rest are there to cheer one of our coaches, Jimmy. He's running the full 26.2 mile marathon, keen to break three hours. My only goal is to run an even pace for 13.1 miles.

Then eat bagels and French toast.

1 comment:

Attila Girl said...

And pasta. Don't forget pasta.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...