Sunday, November 20, 2005

First 20 Mile Run

Ran 20 miles yesterday. That's the last long endurance training. From here on we do short runs and rest for the marathon on Dec. 11.

My wife bought ice yesterday. Our coaches had recommended that after a long run we sit in a tub of cold water, add ice, than hang out like seals for fifteen minutes. The cold facilitates recovery. When I first heard this I thought they were crazy, or, at least, malicious. But today I feel pretty good. No soreness. Good old ice.

I wanted to watch college football all afternoon, but I had to finish that animated script. As I mentioned, its heavy with characters and plot. The process ended up resembling packing — you open the suitcase, toss in everything, and see if you can close it without the top bulging too much. I should finish today and meet my Monday deadline.

My Peter Pan-like pitch from an earlier post was passed on by Cartoon Network. (And Disney. And Nickelodeon.) However, the Cartoon Network folks were pleasant and invited me back with more ideas. As nice a 'no' as could be had.

1 comment:

k said...

Ice.

Ice.

This is what you left Chicago for?

I go along with the "malicious" bit.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...