Friday, November 18, 2005

Amino-Value

Plugging away on this animated script. The show's producer gave me an outline that was tubby with plot points and action. Translating that into a script is taking a bit of time. I've written twelve pages today and my mind feels like old stew.

Tomorrow, I run 20 miles. This is the dress rehearsal for my upcoming marathon. I'm very excited. An interesting point: the Honolulu Marathon doesn't offer runners Gatorade or any other conventional sports fluid. Instead, the course features a unique Japanese beverage called Amino-Value. I've been told it combines dreadful taste with a very small amount of sodium and zero potassium. Our coaches recommend we bring our own Gatorade in plastic baggies. This is based on the assumption that Honolulu will have water available for the runners and not some Japanese water substitute filled with deceased koi.

Always something interesting out there.

6 comments:

k said...

Um - Not to split hairs, but is the Honolulu in California?

k said...

Um - Not to split hairs, but is the Honolulu in California?

k said...

Wait a minute! There IS no Honolulu, CA!

Where are you? If you're going to Hawaii to run tomorrow, you better get going! That's a good five-hour flight. You can't just run over there. It's all water.

Attila Girl said...

The Honolulu marathon is in early December.

How do you know he can't run on water? He might have developed some latent talents since you last saw him . . .

k said...

Oh, I'd never assume he can't run on water! I just didn't see how he could run from CA to HI so fast. I mean, I thought the run was the next day. Even an airplane ride takes around 5 hours. And then wouldn't he need to rest?

k said...

Hmm. I did assume running on water would be slower than on land. Should have asked, first.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...